Middle Years Programme (Grades 6-10)
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) encourages students aged 11 to 15 to explore the connections between academic subjects and the real world through experiential learning projects that build critical thinking skills.
The MYP at European International School Ho Chi Minh City (EIS):
- Encourages international mindedness in IB students, starting with a foundation in their own language and culture.
- Instils a positive attitude to learning by challenging students to solve problems, show creativity and resourcefulness and participate actively in their communities.
- Reflects real life by providing a framework that allows students to see the connections among the subjects themselves, and between the subjects and real issues.
- Supports the development of the ATL (approaches to learning) skills to encourage and improve communication, self-management, social skills, critical and creative thinking as well as research skills
- Emphasises the development of the whole student through the IB Learner Profile – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
To support our commitment to multiculturalism, our educators come from a diverse range of international backgrounds. All our faculty are highly qualified and experienced in teaching the MYP.
English is the language of instruction at EIS. In addition, all MYP students study at least one other language, choosing from courses in German, Spanish and Vietnamese. Our students are immersed in a multicultural learning environment which values multilingualism.