Diploma Programme (Grades 11-12)
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is a pre-university qualification recognised by universities in more than 140 countries. An academically challenging and balanced programme of education, the DP prepares students for success at university and in life after graduation. It emphasises the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students, and prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society.
The DP at European International School Ho Chi Minh City (EIS) is designed to:
- Promote students’ development physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Enable the acquisition of breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
- Develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare students for higher education
- Support study of at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- Make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge (TOK) course
- Promote in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- Enhance students’ personal and interpersonal development through creativity, activity, service (CAS)
EIS is committed to providing the highest quality education for it students. Combined with our unique school setting, we are confident that our students will achieve their full potential, and will proceed to university with the best possible chance of success.
For more information on the DP, visit www.ibo.org.